- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds butternut or other hard-shelled squash
- 4 cups low-sodium low fat chicken broth
- 1 – 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, tough stems removed, coarsely chopped
- Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, rosemary, and pepper flakes. Sauté until the onion and bell pepper are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Add the squash and cook, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes.
- Add the 4 cups broth and the beans. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to simmer, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes.
- Add the chopped chard and simmer until wilted, about 5 minutes. Thin the soup with more broth if desired.
- Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
- Servings per Recipe: 6 servings
- Calories: 175
- Calories from Fat: 32
- Total Fat: 4
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 345 mg
- Carbohydrate: 30 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Exchange: 2 starch, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Units: 2