- 2 ripe avocados, seeded and peeled
- 4 Roma tomatoes, sliced lengthwise and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 1 to 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground pepper and salt, to taste
- 1 whole wheat baguette (about 10 oz.), diagonally cut into 1/2-inch slices and lightly toasted.
- Dice the avocados and reserve.
- Combine the diced avocado, tomatoes, onion, olive oil, basil, garlic, salt and, pepper in a bowl.
- Top each slice of toasted bread with a heaping tablespoon of the tomato-avocado mixture.
- Garnish each with small leaf of basil, if desired.
- Servings per Recipe: 8 servings, 3 slices per serving
- Amount per Serving:
- Calories: 193
- Calories from Fat: 102
- Total Fat: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 227 mg
- Carbohydrate: 21 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Exchange: 1.5 starch, 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Units: 1.5