1½ pounds lean beef (such as sirloin)
1 cups diced green chile
span> (roasted and peeled, fresh or frozen)
1 onion, sliced in rings
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt
- Cut beef into chunks or strips.
- Add all ingredients except cornstarch to skillet.
- Simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes. You may need to add a little water so mixture simmers well. (Don’t add too much water or mixture will get soupy.)
- Add cornstarch to small amount of water to make a smooth paste. Add to meat mixture and stir.
- Cook until cornstarch thickens (about 5 more minutes).
Note: This dish can be served as an entrée or as a burrito filling. When you buy flour tortillas for burritos, choose those that are thinner or smaller, because they have fewer calories and carbohydrate.
- Servings per Recipe: Yields 6 servings, each one equal to ? cup
- Calories: 180
- Calories from Fat: 70
- Total Fat: 8
- Cholesterol: 55 mg
- Sodium: 390 mg
- Carbohydrate: 5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Exchange: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable
- Carbohydrate Units: 0