- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 (16-ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (5-ounce) can albacore tuna packed in water, drained
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Lemon zest
- Mince garlic and mash with the back of a spoon.
- Mix mashed garlic with lemon juice, and add pepper to taste.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Toss the red pepper, onion, and beans together.
- Separate tuna with a fork and mix it into the bean mixture.
- Add dressing and toss well.
- Add basil and lemon zest to taste just before serving. Serve at room temperature.
- Servings per Recipe: 4 - 1 cup servings
- Calories: 198
- Calories from Fat: 69
- Total Fat: 8
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
- Sodium: 220 mg
- Carbohydrate: 17 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Exchange: 2 medium meat; 1 starch
- Carbohydrate Units: 1